To convert pipeline opportunities in the Oil & Gas and Telecoms Industries, and other strategically identified markets, into winning bids/order closure to meet the Business Strategy and in line with corporate governance practices produce compliant bids that support the business in meeting its business strategy
- Develop and co-ordinate Contract winning solutions considering pricing and Commercial strategy to meet or exceed Customer requirements
- Challenge convention and explore all avenues to meet Customer expectations and minimise business risk and costs.
- Create and maintain a risk register for every bid in line with Company processes; understand competitor tactics and behaviour to shape the proposal and mitigate risks
- Develop the technical, commercial and financial solution as the bid progresses. Work closely with Sales Manager to ensure a thorough understanding of the solution and customer needs
- Liaise with the relevant stakeholders to ensure they understand the opportunities, agree with the technical solution to ensure we can deliver the commitments being offered
- Ensure Proposals adhere to consistent corporate standards customer schedule and target cost
- Ownership of the production of the proposal documentation in accordance with best practice and business governance processes
- Manage internal and external customer relationship until confirmation of preferred bidder and handover to the transition team
- Early identification of business and corporate risks Champions the role internally and maintains an effective relationship with the relevant company experts
- Accountable for the developed proposal delivered to the customer and the mitigation of the identified risk within the pre-contract phase of the opportunity
The above list of activities/responsibilities for the role of Proposals Engineer is not exhaustive and therefore you will be expected to carry out further duties as may be consistent with the role of Proposals Engineer or as may be reasonably instructed by the company.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and an ability to communicate effectively at all levels both within and outside the company, with a strong emphasis on being able to effectively communicate proposals information.
- Good self-discipline and an ability to meet demanding schedule requirements whilst maintaining high quality work.
- Excellent team-working skills.
- Self-tasking and an ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Good attention to detail and accuracy in written work.
- Familiarity with Commercial/Technical review processes.
- Structured approach to work with the ability to set, and work to, agreed timescales.
- Broad understanding of the submarine cable installation business, including submarine power cable installations
- Degree level or equivalent experience
- Experience of Oil & Gas bid management of projects £10 million and above.
- Project Management experience on proposals
- Previous experience of O&G process and procedures
- Must have strong financial and commercial awareness.
- Fully conversant with MS Office software
- Flexibility to travel to customer meetings both within the UK and overseas as required