The Global Marine Group is a market leader in offshore engineering consisting of two business units; CWind delivering the company’s power capabilities, and Global Marine providing cable solutions to the telecommunications and oil & gas markets. The group aspires to achieve its vision ‘Engineering a clean and connected future’. We’re now looking for an Interim Project Engineer to join our team.
- Prepare the provisioning/sub-contracting SOW for subcontractors’ services, and conduct evaluation of received proposals from the sub-contractors.
- Devise and prepare methodologies/procedures for installation.
- Co-ordinate production of storyboards and drafting requirements.
- Oversee the Mobilisation of modular equipment onto Vessels as required and based on Project requirements, liaising with other departments to achieve a common goal.
- Carry out basic hand calculations and produce design reports/technical notes.
- Work with other internal stakeholders to engineer solutions fit for purpose.
- Make sure the safest and most efficient solutions are implemented.
- Participate in Project Delivery meetings with Internal Stakeholders and/or Clients.
- Participate in meetings to assist the Technical element of Sales and Proposals bids.
- Support Project Team in execution of Project and undertake tasks designated by Project Managers.
- Scope exists to represent Project Team on-site/offshore during installation phase.
- Experienced/background in Oil & Gas Projects - offshore/subsea design practices
- Engineering Degree
- Understanding of rigging/lifting operations
- Experience in Grillage and Seafastening design on Ships
- Well versed in standard offshore Rules & Regulations and dealing with Class Approvals
- Experience in International project work
- Cable Lay/Umbilical Lay/Subsea Construction
- Offshore Windfarm experience
- Ability to use AutoCAD or SolidWorks
- Offshore Survival
- Offshore Medical
- Associated with a Professional Institution and ideally IEng or CEng