We are looking for a Financial Accountant to complete in a timely manner all aspects of tax and statutory filing requirements for various group companies. This will include completion of monthly routines and involvement in system and process enhancements.
- Reporting directly into the Financial Controller, supporting all monthly and quarterly reporting deliverables in accordance with agreed reporting timetable
- Responsible for the IFS system month end close and consolidation process
- Prepare and submit consolidated US GAAP group accounts and accompanying disclosures to NYSE listed parent company
- Ensure all processes are adhered to in compliance with SOX guidelines
- Responsible for completion of accurate monthly / quarterly management accounts for subsidiary companies
- Support the completion of year-end statutory accounts in accordance with UK and US GAAP and audit for all group companies
- Provide timely information to support completion of consolidated group US tax returns
- Preparation of UK Corporation Tax workings for various group companies
- Effective control of the Fixed Asset register for various group companies
- Ad-hoc duties
- Newly Qualified Accountant to 2 years PQE (Ideally ACA or ACCA)
- Financial accounting experience is essential
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong organisation and process performance experience
- Ability to work in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Experience of preparing annual statutory accounts in accordance with UK GAAP (and ideally US GAAP but not essential)
- Knowledge and experience of UK corporation tax and VAT legislation, including preparation of tax computations, VAT returns, Intrastat EC sales returns.
- Pro-active and ability to work independently
- Good communication skills
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Knowledge of iXBRL is an advantage