To produce, maintain, issue and where necessary check 2D & 3D drawings such as Mobilisation Layouts, Mechanical devices, Structures, and Storyboards to meet the needs of the business.
The designs will predominantly relate to vessels, offshore construction operations, marine activities and subsea related items. These will mainly be grouped into two categories, design drawings detailing a proposed structure / layout, and drawings to aid procedures and planned operations.
You will manage and control the production of the drawings from concept to final delivery, ensuring and upholding the highest standards of quality assurance and draughting standards. This may also include being deployed outside the office, supporting any works during fabrication, installation and where necessary operations, requiring a willingness to travel, a can-do attitude and overriding commitment to safety by design.
- To be embedded in the Engineering team, working alongside others producing concept to detail design of equipment layouts, mechanical products and structures predominately related to offshore platforms, wind farms, ships, ROVs and underwater cables and in other fields as necessary.
- Develop, maintain and adhere to Company drawing procedures, ensuring standards are uniform and appropriate for all the business units. This is part of the continuous improvement process.
- Manage company drawings from mark-ups to final delivery, where these are carried out by others, ensure appropriate QA is in place.
- Technically support other end users with design matters.
- Develop and maintain Company CAD templates, libraries and draughting related information, identifying areas of improvement relating to drawing output and workflow.
- Liaising with all departments as necessary, especially the document originator/engineer and Company Document Controller.
- Support other business departments from Bids and Sales through to Live Project up to and including lessons learnt.
- To take ownership and responsibility of vessel drawings.
- Commitment to and willingness to learn and develop within the offshore construction industry.
- Detailed understanding of AutoCAD XREF’s / Paper space / Model Space / Annotations /Dimensions / converting to PDF / Scaling.
- HND Qualified in Mechanical/ Civil/ Naval/ Engineering Discipline or Strong experience in working in an Engineering environment.
- Understanding of modern mechanical or structural engineering principles and practice.
- Strong understanding of AutoCAD, Solidworks and Sketch-up, or similar 3D CAD packages.
- Ability to work and communicate in conjunction with other departments or independently as required.
- Experience in being able to manage and control documents – Internal and External from
- Concept to Final Delivery or AS-BUILT.
- Experience with Offshore construction methods, Subsea equipment and Ships.
- Adaptable to managing drawings on multiple projects whilst maintaining accuracy.
- Good presentation skills.
- Willingness to travel internationally if required.
- Willing to present samples of previous work
- Ability to write clear and concise technical notes.
- Importing / Exporting to various CAD software
- Able to analyse and recommend suggestions of ways of improving department efficiency i.e
- Software / workflow etc.